1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND FOR WHAT PURPOSE?
The categories of information we collect can include:
- Information you provide to us directly. We may collect personal information, such as your name, phone number, location, payment information, and e-mail address, when you register for our Service, sign up for our mailing list, purchase a product, enter a contest or sweepstakes, or otherwise communicate or interact with us. We may also collect any communications between you and Gamut and any other information you provide to us, for example, if you provide feedback about Gamut products.
- Information we collect from social networks. When you interact with our Service through various social media networks, such as when you Like us on Facebook or when you follow Gamut or share Gamut content on Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest or other sites, we may receive information from those social networks including your profile information, picture, user ID associated with your social media account, friends list, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third party websites and social media networks and services before linking or connecting them to our website or Service.
- Information we receive from third parties. From time to time, we may receive information about you from third parties and other users, for example we may obtain information from our suppliers, resellers and other business partners. We may also collect information about you that is publicly available.
We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, as well as to communicate directly with you and to fill orders. We may also send you Service-related emails or messages (e.g., account verification, change or updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). For more information about your communication preferences, see "Control Over Your Information" below.
We and our third party partners automatically collect certain types of usage information when you visit our Service, read our emails, or otherwise interact with us. We typically collect this information through a variety of tracking technologies, including cookies, pixels, Flash objects, web beacons or gifs, file information and similar technology (collectively, "tracking technologies"). For example, we collect information about your device and its software, such as your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, platform type, device type, operating system, date and time stamp, a unique ID that allows us to uniquely identify your browser, mobile device or your account, and other such information. We also collect information about the way you use our Service, for example, the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave our website, the pages you visit, the links you click, how frequently you access the Service, whether you open emails or click the links contained in emails, whether you access the Service from multiple devices, and other actions you take on the Service. When you access our Service from a mobile device, we may collect unique identification numbers associated with your device or our mobile application (including, for example, a UDID, Unique ID for Advertisers ("IDFA"), Google AdID, or Windows Advertising ID), mobile carrier, device type, model and manufacturer, mobile device operating system brand and model, phone number, and depending on your mobile device settings, your geographical location data, including GPS coordinates (e.g., latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device, or we may be able to approximate a device's location by analyzing other information, like an IP address. We may collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools such as Google Analytics, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service and to understand more about the demographics and behaviors of our users, including by helping to identify our users across multiple devices. We may also work with third party partners to employ technologies, including the application of statistical modeling tools, which attempt to recognize you across multiple devices. Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our visitors, we are not able to respond to Do Not Track signals from your browser at this time.
We use or may use the data collected through tracking technologies to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site; (b) provide custom, personalized content and information, including targeted content and advertising; (c) identify you across multiple devices; (d) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Service; (e) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our website; (f) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (g) otherwise to plan for and enhance our service.
3. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information in the instances described below. For further information on your choices regarding your information, see the "Control Over Your Information" section below.
We may share your personal information with:
- Other companies and brands owned or controlled by Gamut, Inc. or under common ownership as Gamut, which also includes our subsidiaries (i.e., any organization we own or control) or our ultimate holding company (i.e., any organization that owns or controls us) and any subsidiaries it owns. These companies may use your personal information in the same way as we can under this Policy;
- Third parties at your request. For example, you may have the option to share your activities on Gamut with your friends through email, text or on various social media networks;
- Third parties with whom we partner to provide contests and sweepstakes, or other promotional activities, which will usually be identified by name in the Official Rules of the contest or sweepstakes;
- With third parties who may have products or services we think may interest you, or with third parties who partner with us for joint promotional purposes;
- Third party vendors and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, as needed to carry out their work for us, which may include identifying and serving targeted advertisements, providing mailing services, providing tax and accounting services, product fulfillment, web hosting, or providing analytic services;
- The public when you provide feedback or post user content on our site. For example, if you post a product review on our website or a comment on our social media sites, your information, such as your first name, last initial, state of residence, and your comments, may be displayed on our website or on our social media pages;
- Other parties in connection with a Gamut-related transaction, such as a merger, sale of Gamut assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another Gamut or third party, or in the event of a bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings; and
4. CONTROL OVER YOUR INFORMATION
Profile and Data Sharing Settings. You may update your profile information, such as your user name, address, or billing information, and may change some of your data sharing preferences on your Account Page, or you may contact the company using the contact information provided below.
How to control your communications preferences: You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the "unsubscribe link" provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. You may not opt out of service-related communications (e.g., account verification, transactional communications, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
Modifying or deleting your information: If you have any questions about reviewing, modifying, or deleting your information, or if you want to remove your name or comments from our website or publicly displayed content, you can contact us directly at email@example.com. We may not be able to modify or delete your information in all circumstances.
How to control data sharing for marketing purposes: You may request that your personal information not be shared with third parties solely for marketing purposes by sending your request to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "do not share." Because mailing lists are prepared in advance of each promotion, you may be sent a couple of promotions before your unsubscribe request is effective.
5. THIRD PARTY TRACKING AND ONLINE ADVERTISING
We may share, or we may permit third party online advertising networks, social media networks, and other third party services to collect, information about your use of our website over time so that they may play or display ads that may be relevant to your interests on our Service as well as on other websites, apps or services, or on other devices you may use. Typically, though not always, the information we share is provided through cookies or similar tracking technologies, which recognize the device you are using and collect information, including click stream information, browser type, time and date you visited the site, and other information. We may also share a common account identifier (such as an email address or user ID), hashed data, or other information with a third party partner which cannot reasonably identify you from the information, to help us identify you across devices. We and our third party partners use this information to display targeted ads on or through our Service, on other devices you may use, and on other websites or apps, including on Facebook, or to provide customized content and services to you.
6. CONTROLLING TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES AND INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING
Your choices to control tracking technologies. If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject cookies. Please note that doing so may negatively impact your experience using the Service, as some features and services on our Service may not work properly. Depending on your mobile device and operating system, you may not be able to delete or block all cookies.
You may also set your e-mail options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our e-mail and performed certain functions with it.
Deleting cookies does not delete Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as Flash objects and HTML5. You can learn more about Flash objects - including how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies – on Adobe’s website or by clicking here. If you choose to delete Flash objects from our Service, then you may not be able to access and use all or part of the Service or benefit from the information and services offered.
Deleting cookies does not block our use of Google Universal Analytics, which uses a unique identifier to recognize your browser or device. Please see below to learn more about Google Universal Analytics.
Your choices to control online advertising. As noted above, depending on your browser or mobile device, you may be able set your browser to delete or notify you of cookies and other tracking technology by actively managing the settings on your browser or mobile device. You may also be able to limit mobile interest-based advertising through the settings on your mobile device by selecting "limit ad tracking" (iOS) or "opt-out of interest based ads" (Android). To learn more about interest-based advertising and how you may be able to opt-out of some of this advertising, you may wish to visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources, at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices, and/or the DAA’s resources at www.aboutads.info/choices, and you may also adjust your Facebook ad preferences through your Facebook settings. Some of these opt-outs rely on the placement of opt-out cookies, which may not be effective unless your browser is set to accept cookies. Furthermore, if you use a different device, change browsers or delete the opt-out cookie, you may need to perform the opt-out task again. You may also be able to opt-out of some – but not all – interest-based ads served by mobile ad networks by visiting http://youradchoices.com/appchoices and downloading the mobile AppChoices app.
About Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics and Google Universal Analytics to recognize you and the devices you use when you visit our site or Service on your browser or mobile device, login to your account on our Service, or otherwise engage with us. Google Universal Analytics uses tracking information as well as unique identifiers, like a user ID or email address which has been cryptographically hashed before being shared with Google, in order to facilitate this service. Google Analytics allows us to better understand how our users interact with our Service and to tailor our advertisements and content to you. For information on how Google Analytics collects and processes data, as well as how you can control information sent to Google, review Google's site "How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps" located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. If you do not want Gamut to share information about you with Google Analytics to enable us to identify you across devices, please email us at email@example.com. You can also learn about Google Analytic currently available opt-outs, including the Google Analytics Browser Ad-On here https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
We may also utilize certain forms of display advertising and other advanced features through Google Universal Analytics, such as Remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager Integration, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. These features enable us to use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third- party cookies (such as the Doubleclick advertising cookie) or other third party cookies together to inform, optimize, and display ads based on your past visits to the Service. You may control your advertising preferences or opt-out of certain Google advertising products by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager, currently available at http://www.google.com/settings/ads/ or by vising NAI's online resources at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
7. HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Keeping your information safe: Security of your information is very important to us, and we have put in place safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of information we collect and that we share with our service providers. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
8. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Gamut does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 on this Site. In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
The Services may contain links to and from third party websites of our business partners, advertisers, and social media sites and our users may post links to third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. We strongly recommend that you read their privacy policies and terms and conditions of use to understand how they collect, use, and share information. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content on the websites of third party sites.
10. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year. You may make one request each year by emailing us at email@example.com.
11. HOW TO CONTACT US